Friday, January 14, 2011

Christmas and New Years

Sorry for the rather late post about Christmas, but I wanted to share a few pictures really fast. We started off the Christmas holiday by spending Christmas Eve with my extended family. We ate delicious homemade pizza, had a white elephant gift exchange, and acted out the nativity.

Cormac was a wise man. This was the best I could come up with. I think the golden cup adds a lot.


On Christmas morning Santa had left Cormac a basketball hoop and a basketball. Ammon showed him how to make a basket once and then we moved on to other things. But after a while Cormac found his ball when we weren't paying much attention. He walked right up to his hoop and dunked it (it's just a little over his head). We were shocked, but excited.


It took us a really long time to get through our small pile of presents. We had to stop to play with things. We also took a break for breakfast and diaper changes. But we did eventually get through, it just took us a few hours. It was fun that Cormac enjoyed opening the gifts and then was interested in playing with the toys inside.

Here are my boys, taking a break from their morning labors to explore a barrel of monkeys.


The rest of Christmas was rather low key. We all took a nap. I made a few yummy things to eat, but since we were all sick with a nasty cold we mostly just snacked and were lazy. It was a great day.

After Christmas we headed out to Nevada to celebrate the new year with Ammon's family. Our nephew, Morgan, was baptized on New Years Day. It was an excellent way to bring in the New Year.

Cormac didn't appreciate me interrupting story time with Grandma to take this picture.


Every year Ammon's siblings do a drawing to exchange gifts. This year we had the Cobian family. I made each of the kids a hat and matching scarf. Aren't they cute? The kids, not the scarves.


And a trip to Nevada wouldn't be complete if we didn't get a picture of Ammon with his namesake. This little boy has really grown (not my Ammon, but the other one).


So even though I'm a little late, I want to wish you all a happy new year.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Honestly, Cormac is one of the most beautiful little boys I have ever laid eyes on. Seriously.