Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The requisite family pictures when your child turns one

A year ago today Cormac finally decided to show up after 2 days of labor. I remember feeling panicked because he wasn't crying as much as I thought he should. He made up for it during the nights following us bringing him home. Last night Ammon and I were talking about how it seemed only a few days ago that Cormac was born, and yet at the same time it felt like he had always been part of our family. Either way, I'm happy to say that we have a most adorable, mischievous little man here who has managed to survive an entire year of me.

A few months ago I entered a blog giveaway and somehow won. It was a miracle. What did I win? A photo shoot with the amazing Staci D. I love her work and am glad that I was introduced to her by our mutual friend Heidi. Here's a sneak peak.


We had the pictures taken in Midway. Isn't it beautiful? Incidentally we also lost our only car key while we were out there, and after searching for it for nearly an hour in the dark, tall grass we ended up having to call a shuttle to come pick us up and take us all the way back to Lindon. It's a long story and one I'm sure we'll laugh at some day. But I think the pictures are worth it.





I may have won the giveaway, but Staci has won a client out of me. I love these pictures. There are more that you can see on Staci's blog. I didn't post them all.

2 comments:

Chris said...

These pictures are beautiful. What a good looking family!

Heidi said...

WOW!!! Those are absolutely beautiful! You look absolutely fantastic and your family as a whole is JUST GORGEOUS! I'm so glad you won the giveaway and you were able to connect with Staci!