Monday, June 22, 2009

To Three Great Men

I know I'm a little late, but I wanted to wish the men in my life a Happy Father's day. I have been blessed to be around men that love their families and are excellent fathers.

First, my own dad. What a great man he is. My dad inspires me every day. He has given up everything and worked himself into the ground every day so that his family can have what they stand in need of. My dad is a dreamer and I think I get that from him. He is always thinking up ways to improve life. I had a chance to spend a lot of time with my dad this last weekend. I'm thankful for that time. He is a wonderful man, a great father, and will be an excellent grandfather soon. I love you, papa.

My own dear husband is going to be an incredible father. I kept telling him "happy half father's day" on Sunday, but the truth is, there will be nothing half about the way that Ammon is a father. I have seen how wonderful he is with his nieces and nephews. I have seen how attentive he is to me. I have seen the way that he smiles when we talk about our future son. He is an amazing person and I'm excited that I'll get to be close when he becomes a father in a few months. I adore you, Ammon.

I doubt that Ammon would have any clue how to begin being a father if it weren't for his own father. Mark is an incredible man. He loves his children dearly; it is evident in everything he does. I know that Mark is on our side. He is rooting for us to succeed, and he is always there with great advice when we are in need. Mark is an inspiring man. He is a wonderful grandfather. We love and appreciate you, Mark.
Happy Father's day to all you father's out there and especially to these special men in my life.

No comments: