Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm a wimp

Let me see if I can talk this out. I need to find out what my problem is, and why I complain so much.

~ It took Ammon and me well over two years to even get pregnant, so why do I feel the need to complain so much? I think that I should just be grateful that we didn't have to spend thousands of dollars to have this outcome.

~ I complain all the time of how fatigued I am. I am so tired all the time. I rarely do anything anymore. But I shouldn't complain. I don't have a job right now, and I don't have other children. What a better time to be fatigued when my sweet husband finds it totally acceptable for me to lay around all day, and I have no one else to answer to.

~ I feel heavy! This is probably the one that scares me the most. I'm completely uncomfortable and I feel enormous and heavy. I've not even gained 10 pounds yet. I'm supposed to gain at least 25 total. I have no idea how my frame is going to support that kind of weight. But, other women do this and they do it well. I don't know why I feel so heavy, but I suppose that is an occupational hazard of being pregnant.

~ My nose is stuffy, runny, and bloody all the time. But to be perfectly honest, it has always been those things. It's just a little more intense right now.

~ I have to gain more weight and I don't want to. What kind of a complaint is that? When else in my life will I have the opportunity to gain weight like this.

~ I miss my dogs. I think that this is a legitimate complaint.

~ Tomorrow I will be half way done with my pregnancy. ONLY half way! Will it ever end? But shouldn't I be saying, half way! almost done!

~ My heart is freaking out all the time and it scares me. It is supposedly perfectly normal for this to happen, but it sure feels un-normal. But if it is normal, then...

~ Did I mention that I need to gain more weight. Have I mentioned that I have no appetite and rarely want to eat. And what I do want to eat when I want to eat is very low in calories, vitamins, minerals, and everything else that would be good for my baby. I should not be so overwhelmed.

So, basically what this all comes down to is that I am a wimp and a pessimist. I am excited to see my little boy. I enjoy feeling him kick. But I am not looking forward to the next 4 months. And the reason is simply that I am a wimp. This has been a good session. Thank you blog for talking me through that. Now I feel a little lighter and maybe if I just look around at the inspirational women around me who have done this before I'll feel stronger and more able to take on the last half of this pregnancy.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

You can do it, Melanee!!! Try Arby's mozzarella cheese sticks - they worked wonders for me gaining weight! :) (I obviously was never told to GAIN more weight.) But, we each have our challenges and you are TOUGH. Look what you've been through already. You can do it! We miss you guys!

Kyle, Carrie, Jenna, and Emily said...

Don't worry about your weight! I didn't gain a SINGLE pound until I was around 25 weeks. My little girl will arrive this Tuesday and I just NOW hit 25 lbs. However, as of 3 weeks ago she already weighed 7 lbs 9 oz! Your body will gain what it needs to gain - don't force yourself. Just eat when you're hungry and you'll be fine. :) And, I can relate to feeling bad about complaining...it took as one year (half as long as you guys) to get pregnant but I still hate being pregnant! Give me the baby but forget pregnancy! So my point is...you're not a bad person and you WILL gain the weight if your body needs it. Okay...getting off my soapbox. :)

Thelma said...

You have every right to complain Melanee. You're pregnant! mis-er-a-ble. I'm like Jennifer, I never had the "you need to gain more weight" problem. I think I'm jealous. I also think your body knows what it's doing and your baby is fine.

Hang in there (like you have a choice, right?). That's exciting you sold your house.

I know a few on the market around Seattle...

Teresa said...

I noticed your blog name change. I'm not sure you know, but "Little Man," is actually Jesse's name that Aunt Shirley used to call him (because Grandma and Grandpa were "discussing" his name for quite awhile, and Aunt Shirley didn't want to get involved in the "discussion"). Anyway, about your being a wimp. . . NOT! You're incredible! You're doing a great job growing this baby, which is tiring and exhausting. . . but SO WORTH IT! You can do it, Girl! We love you and are praying that everything will go well for you!