Monday, March 16, 2009

What to write

Some days I feel as if I should write something on my blog. I love to read other people's blogs and to learn what is going on in the lives of those people I care about. So, I feel pressure to write something on my own blog to keep in touch. When these thoughts and urges arrive I often sit and wonder what I could write about. I could tell you that Sandy has dug up every single tulip that I had so carefully planted. Not only did she dig them up, but she bit them in half as well, just to make sure there was no hope of them growing. I could tell you that Charlie has learned that the friendly Chihuahuas next door don't like it when he jumps the fence into their yard. He has now decided that he will let either Ammon or me retrieve the ball when it crosses that fence. I could tell you that Ammon is working very hard. He has 2 jobs starting soon that he is managing and so he is under extra stress at work to get everything done on time. But he loves his job and is excited about the new projects. I could tell you that we have been enjoying the beautiful weather and celebrating by taking rides on Ammon's bike (the one with the motor). I could also tell you of the troubles of remodeling your own home. It seems to never be finished. We would like to put our house on the market and move on to new things, but we can't until we finish this house, and it may never be done at the rate we are moving. I could tell you how busy I am working on the various projects I have going on here at home. I am not very good at managing my time effectively so it seems that only one thing gets done each day, but I guess that is still progress. But I think what I will tell you instead is that Ammon and I are expecting our first baby. That is the biggest news that we have. We are somewhere between 7 and 11 weeks (not very specific, I know) and hope to have more details soon. We are thrilled and couldn't be more excited. We had sort of given up and thought we would need some more sophisticated (and expensive) infertility treatments, but I guess the Lord had other plans for us. At least we finally know why I have been sick for the last 6 weeks.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yippeeeee!!! We're so excited for you. You already KNOW we're excited, but I wanted to be the first on your blog to say it.

Marshall said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!! You don't know how my heart leaped with joy when I heard that! How EXCITING! Oh, you so deserve it! I know you have been SO wanting this forever! I am so happy for you both!!!!!!!!!!!

Teresa said...

Congratulations!!!! We are so excited and happy for both of you! This is such great news!

Kyle, Carrie, Jenna, and Emily said...

YAY!!!!!!! I'm PRAYING for you that you aren't sick for the first 20 weeks like I was!! :) I'm sure you won't be - the Lord probably likes you better. :) So around September or October?? Are you still going to try and take in some foster kids? Your baby is going to be gorgeous with parents like the two of you!

nersey said...

YEAH!!! That is super great, and a very sneaky of you to drop it in there like you have nothing to report. Enjoy every minute of yuior pregnancy it goes way to fast!

Original Kos said...

Congratulations Melanee! That is so fantastic. Such great news! Yay!!!

Original Kos said...

That was Koseli by the way. My sister and I are starting a new blog and I think I commented under that profile. Sorry!