Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Living Room

The living room has been a rather slow project. There is still a lot I want to do with the room, but I finally got it far enough along that I wanted to show off my progress.

So here is the before, complete with bug spray on the fireplace and little green bowl on the floor.

Before:


After:

The fireplace is still there, I just wasn't backed up enough. Please ignore the paint samples on the wall in the hall (I like to rhyme). I haven't gotten that far yet.

Things I'm still working on:
~ refinishing the piano.
~ reupholstering couches and chairs.
~ replacing the ceiling light and fan.
~ finishing the ceiling.

Here are some detailed pictures of the room:


I want to replace this bookshelf here with a small entry table or something of that sort. Someday.


My little art project over my piano.


The drapes I made myself and the funny little ladder that was left here. I think Ammon thinks I'm strange for bringing it in the house but I love it. The drapes need a few more clips on top so they hang just right, but I haven't done that yet either.


Ammon took this picture and we had it blown up. I found the frame complete with mat and glass at DI for $5. I painted it and there you have it. Cheap and easy. We did actually break the original glass and had to replace it, but other than that, it was a pretty good deal. At least I thought so. I am proud of my thrift.


And the view going the other way. Still working on the ceiling and the kitchen and dinning room area, but we are making progress. Slowly, but surely as they say.

And finally, one more look at the before and after:



Side by side:


4 comments:

Sarah said...

looks awesome! p.s. i changed my email address to sarahmaeg@gmail.com, so can you change that on your invite list?

Jennifer said...

Wow, Melanee. You're amazing. It looks great. You've done so much on top of your busy life. I like the ladder. I saw a magazine picture with an old ladder displaying old quilts once and I've always wanted to try it. I think I'll wait for a little more room than what I have currently though....

Curtains are great, love the temple picture and the colors. Cormac was my favorite part though. He's so SO cute.

Teresa said...

I think it looks lovely! I especially love that you used your awesome sewing skilz to make your own curtains... love your choice of fabric for those! I like the ladder; I wonder if it could be made into a bookshelf?

StacyC said...

I can't believe what a difference!! Looks beautiful. You are amazing - so much work.